PRIZE – MOP 8,000 (approx. USD 1,000)
SUBMISSION PERIOD – 21 / 12 / 2017 to 31 / 03 / 2018
CREATIVE MACAU – Center for Creative Industries together with the Institute of European Studies of Macau will hold the international short film festival SOUND & IMAGE CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL that will screen and promote short films submitted to the two international competitions, SHORTS and VOLUME. 2018, FESTIVAL POSTER is introduced to the CHALLENGE.
This poster design competition is for everyone with qualities regarding imagination, innovation, aesthetic, creativity and technique on artistic creation. Participants are free to use any method in the design and graphic arts practice to manifest a great visual communication. The winning poster will become the most critical part of branding the FESTIVAL. The IMAGE of the winning poster will be widely broadcasted to promote FESTIVAL.
- Artwork requirements and specifications
– All submitted design projects must comprise two layouts: 36” (H) x 24” (W) inches and 24“ (H) x 36” (W) inches.
– The CONTENT must be vertically orientated – Design must have Blank area (4 inches in height) for additional information
– The design must be quickly transformed into a variety of mediums – Design must incorporate the Festival’s official logo, please download via https://goo.gl/pLvb45
– The design must state the following text information:
2) International Short Film Festival 2018
3) December 4 – 9
4) 聲音與影像大比拼國際短片影展 2018
5) 十二月 四 至 九日
– The digital file must be exported in jpg format with a resolution in High quality (300 PPI).
– Participants must use their original artwork; Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted (except for the Sound and Image Challenge International Film Festival logo)
- Description of works in English A text file in 30-50 words to describe the concept and technique of the POSTER FESTIVAL design. If there are any other entities/persons who participated in the creative or technical process of the work, they should be attributed.
- Artistic Resume in English It should be a biography, which includes the name (Author’s identification and artistic name or any other information that may identify he/she), contact details (mobile and email), age, nationality and profession.
Documents mentioned above should be delivered by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any work submitted after 31 March will not be accepted unless the organizers announce an extension period.
The organizers will only accept unpublished and original works that are exclusively submitted to this competition and have not been previously submitted or exhibited elsewhere. Each participant could only submit ONE project.
IMPORTANT FACTS AND DATES
ONLY THE WINNING PROJECT WILL BE USED TO PROMOTE THE FESTIVAL AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL ENDS. The winner will be credited on promotional material, printed and digital media of the FESTIVAL.
The shortlists’ posters will be displayed in November – December 2018 at the gallery CREATIVE MACAU – Center for Creative Industries in Macau, as an integrated part of the cultural programme of the FESTIVAL.
By submitting the FESTIVAL POSTER project to the organizer, the participants agree to have their works exhibited in the exhibition. The organizers shall not be liable for the use of copyrighted third-party materials.
- Visual impact and ability to engage the audience;
- Clarity and suitability, as well as effectiveness, of the messages which should celebrate the international short film and music video FESTIVAL – SHORTS and VOLUME;
- Aesthetic quality, technical quality, originality and creativity on interpreting of the SOUND & IMAGE CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL event;
The participant is responsible for the originality of the submitted poster project. The organizers will make the selection of the shortlists and winner. The decision regarding the winning poster is final and may not be appealed. If the submissions are deemed unsatisfactory based on the criteria, the organizers reserve the rights not to award any prize.
The submission to the competition FESTIVAL POSTER indicates to grant the organisers permission to use the project exclusively for promoting the FESTIVAL and the POSTER EXHIBITION. The author of the projects will be credited on the posters that will be displayed in the public exhibition at the gallery CREATIVE MACAU.
ONLY THE WINNING PROJECT WILL BE USED TO PRESENT THE FESTIVAL IN THE PROMOTION.
The winner needs to provide an editable file to fulfil the organizers’ needs. The winner will always be credited on the printed and digital promotional materials of the FESTIVAL. All shortlists of FESTIVAL POSTER will be notified by 31 May 2018. Further information will be requested and submitted within 10 days after the notification. Shortlists who fail to provide before the deadline will be automatically excluded.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES
Participation in this competition implies your knowledge and acceptance of the rules, as well as your acceptance of all decisions taken by the organisers so that the said rules can be interpreted and applied.